Dr. Paul-Antoine GanemtoreHead, Air Transport Unit
Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
Responsible for driving improved air transport capabilities across West Africa at ECOWAS, Dr. Paul has spearheaded several projects to unify the single air transport market across Africa to encourage economic growth.
With an impressive career that has spanned the African Civil Aviation Commission, the African Development Bank, African Union Commission, and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, Dr. Ganemtore is well positioned to achieve the pan-African objective to establish cooperation and integration to support regional trade growth.
Hear Dr. Ganemtore at the executive briefing on “Discussing airport infrastructure financing options and whether PPP can be used as a tool for the development of airports across Africa”
8:55 AM Chairman’s opening remarks
9:20 AM VIP EXECUTIVE BRIEFING Boosting intra-country travel through connected airspaces to link African markets
- Highlighting the benefits of cooperation between partners to develop hub creation and open skies across the region
- Fostering open sky agreements with African countries
- Updates on the AU single African air travel market
1:20 PM EXECUTIVE BRIEFING: Discussing airport infrastructure financing options and whether PPP can be used as a tool for the development of airports across Africa
- Understanding the requirements of the private investor vs. civil aviation authorities
- Employing the PPP model for airport financing
- Navigating the legal and contractual challenges to facilitating PPPs