Hamza S. JohariDirector General
Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority
With the foresight of DG Johari, investment across Tanzania’s aviation infrastructure has greatly improved in recent years. One notable project includes a new passenger terminal in Dar es Salaam and multiple cross-country projects with expanded and re-surfaced runways and modernisations of terminal buildings and navigational equipment.
DG Johari spearheaded the 2017 $28 million acquisition of four state-of-the-art surveillance radars to enable the country to monitor its entire aviation airspace to increase nationwide security.
Hear Hamza S. Johari’s session: “Tanzanian project: Enhancing passenger experience and monitoring capabilities”
9:20 AM VIP EXECUTIVE BRIEFING Boosting intra-country travel through connected airspaces to link African markets
- Highlighting the benefits of cooperation between partners to develop hub creation and open skies across the region
- Fostering open sky agreements with African countries
- Updates on the AU single African air travel market
- Building user-friendly facilities beyond operational functionality
- Benefits of utilising existing airport facilities to enhance the passenger experience
- Establishing strategies to implement and control enhanced surveillance